Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Family with 6 Autistic Kids

I have known about this family for a while because they are in my LDS Autism Yahoo group, but they have really gotten some publicity lately. Last week they were in People Magazine with a huge picture layout and today I found them on a link on the Yahoo main page. Here is a news clip with Diane Sawyer from Good Morning America this morning:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=6330992

This is their website which he runs a business with to make extra money:
http://www.autismbites.com/

I hope that this publicity somehow gets them the funding that they need to get lots and lots of help for their kids. They don't have nearly enough. I know he struggles keeping a job because the demands of home are so high and they are renting a tiny little house. I look at them and think my challenges seem so small. Coverage like this really helps raise awareness which I think is very important so that some day we can have more answers about the mystery of autism.

1 awesome comments:

Julia said...

yeah i saw that article in People last week and thought of you..gosh what amazing parents!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin