Overheard:
To Eden: "You, Tanner, Carter, and Lily, we are all friends that live together!"
We are still plugging away around here. Life is highly structured, highly enforced, highly rewarded and highly consequenced. I even have my own schedule that I am to follow. I have to in order to make it all happen for everyone else and keep the house going. We are seeing a lot of good things happening, but I am still waiting for things to get easier. I would love to see things running like a well oiled machine, but I have no idea how long it all takes, if ever. Dallin and Eden have both earned dates with us and had a great time. We have also officially survived our first grounding.
I am not a naturally structured person, I am just not. Many of my 101 goals address those issues. I know I have my strengtts but structure is not one of them.When I pictured being a mom, I thought then it would come for sure out of necessity. I have tried. I am really good at making charts and schedules. But the busier we get and the larger we get, fumbling through the best we can isn't working any more. Necessity is here with big huge waving flags now. Parenting is serious stuff and for sure not something I want to mess up. So we are working more on teaching habits, work, obedience, and respect around here. This is not the fun stuff I prefer, but I want these little people to turn out to be wonderful adults with all these qualities. So, as I work with them, I am working on myself as well. When your job is a mom, there is no one to report to really, no place to show up and work from 9-5. It is not clear cut and it can be whatever you make it. It all has to come from internal motivation.
So heres hoping that I will start to feel these changes internally as well as externally soon.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Dallin Quote and Mommy Stuff
Posted by Pricilla at 10:41 AM
Labels: Journaling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 awesome comments:
Post a Comment