Thursday, April 19, 2012

Things they say

Eden and Tanner were arguing about something that happened. They were each insisting that it had happened  differently.  Finally in frustration, Eden yelled, "Tanner, you have a bad renemory!"

Tanner was making a sour face because he didn't want to get up for school.  I sang, "If you chance to meet a frown, do not let it stay.  Quickly turn it upside down and smile that frown away!"  He just looked at me like I was crazy and said, without smiling, "I don't get it."

I had Relief Society the other night so I had put some Costco freezer pizza in the oven.  Tanner came up to me and expressed that he was really hungry. I told him, "Good timing." and opened the oven door to take the pizza out.  His eyes got really big and he said, "Wow Mom, you are really good and making food!"  I just laughed.

Lily has been making attempts on the potty and afterward she says, "I can't peep!" or "I peeped!"

I was watching a workout video tutorial when the kids were supposed to be in be and Tanner and Dallin came down for a minute and started watching.  Dallin said, "Mom, do you want to be that skinny?"  I didn't know what to say and Tanner piped in, "Dallin, Mom IS that skinny!"  I just smiled and sent them on their way. I knew I liked that kid.


 Just a funny thought:
 I had an interesting realization today.  I don't usually make pasta for lunch, but we were out of bread and pretty much all the other easy choices so I got out a 1 lb. package of whole wheat spaghetti and boiled some water.  Since only half of us are home for lunch, I had to guess how much of the noodles to cook.  I realized that I haven't had to do that in a long time.  When I cook for the family, I use the whole package and sometimes two if we are very hungry and I want leftovers.  It brought to recollection a time when I always had open half used packages of noodles in my pantry.

0 awesome comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin