Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sisters Weekend

A couple of weeks ago, I headed to the beach for a little getaway with my sisters.  My little sis's in-laws have a great little cabin in Rockaway.  We had great intentions of bringing projects to work on, sites to see and restaurants to try.  But after all was said and done, we found that we mostly wanted to sleep and hibernate.  We only ventured out to the local shops and the beach.  It was heavenly!  Laurel called it a "recovery" weekend since we are all busy mommies.  The only bad thing was my little sis getting food poisoning and being sick most of the time.  Such a bummer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This one was for my kids.   We came across this on a walk:
Photobucket
I enjoyed taking a nice long run along the beach with my iPod.  The ocean is so awe inspiring. I feel close to my Heavenly Father when I see the grandness of His creations.  I ran and walked and prayed. It was quite a rejuvenating weekend.
 
There were lots of pebbles so I picked out a unique one for each of my kids along with some salt water taffy.  They loved them both.
Photobucket

(we didn't get a group shot, so here's one from the tulip festival)There is nothing like being with my sisters.  I love you guys so much my heart hurts.
Photobucket

1 awesome comments:

Yours Truly said...

Lucky. I always wanted some sisters. I'd even settle for a brother.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin