Thursday, November 13, 2014

September 2014

 We had an indian summer here.  Every time we went out on the water we thought, this is probably the last time this year....

 Lucy.
 Our first day of homeschool!  We took it pretty easy since we had no curriculum yet.  Peter helped set up this little room in the basement just for school. I love being able to get away from any distractions when we are in here.  We usually have a song/prayer/pledge to start things off.  Then we have "mommy school" where I read church articles or we memorize things and read a chapter of a manners book, etc.  Then the kids do their workbooks.  My favorite is read aloud hour.  The kids make their hands busy with coloring or legos while I read aloud to them.  I try to commit myself to spending at least 2 hours a day in here with the kids.  We all stay in here together.
 Dallin wanted to go to the temple for family night so we headed over after soccer one night.  It was a nice warm evening as we walked around and took in the beauty.  Then we spent a lot of time at the visitors center.  It is amazing how much there is to do in such a small space.


 I really love this picture. 
 There amusement park in Portland was having a "Not Back to School" day for home schoolers, so we were all over that!

You can't not play in the bendy mirrors near the entrance.  This is our whole family.


 They were so excited about waiting, can you tell?














 11 year old scout camp, which meant the first overnighter!  Dallin got to be with best friend and cousin Derek!  Dallin loves everything about scouting. They had competitions at the end with a partner and Dallin and his partner won just about every challenge!
 lashing
 Fires

 Obstacle course
 Our little Lukey turned 3! That is just amazing how fast this kind of stuff happens.  We tried out a new Pirate Pizza place/arcade.  I don't know why, but I don't have pictures of his family party/gifts. 

 Mini golf
 Dressing little brother in a dress!
 Father son campout was at a fort this year!



 The girls and I all slept in my bed and then went out to breakfast while the boys were gone.


 Reading time.

 Totally asleep!

 We bought an OMSI pass which we have already used quite a bit for field trips.  There is so much to do, see, learn, touch, and make!

 Enjoying a little Pizza!







 And boating again!





I had a nice birthday too.  My mother in law took the kids out and bought me several little gifts. She also got me some rain boots that I have been wanting for years. Peter gave me a diamond tennis bracelet! We forgot to make a cake so we made a watermelon cake since I LOVE watermelon.  It just watermelon with yogurt for frosting.
 The kids gave me plenty of jewelry, and someone gave me a baby!
 Father daughter campout



 A family dinner with lots of brothers in  town!  They had to play pool with Grandpa H.
 I got to co-coach with Peter for Eden and Tanner's soccer team this year. We were the Fireballs! This was a first for me and sometimes a challenge with juggling little ones. But we had a great time!

0 awesome comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin