I have been saving all of these cute little things in my head that the kids have been saying so I thought I would write them down. This kind of thing is really new for me. We have waited for so long for talking and now Dallin and Eden are really starting to tell me all about it. It is wonderful.
- First of all, remember the "snake" that the kids saw outside? The kids talk about this still and last week we let Dallin stay up late for the first time in a long time. He kept looking outside because it was so dark, and he isn't usually downstairs when it is dark. Then he came over to me and told me that the snake was sleeping. He added "Snake has a little pillow and a little blanket". This is the most original laguage yet for Dallin. What a sweetie.
- Too Narrow!!! Okay, this one isn't so cute anymore. Dallin really likes this phrase even though he doesn't really know what it means. Whenever he doesn't want something, it is "no, that's too narrow". Eden says it now too and I hear it 20 times a day.
- Prayer time. The other night when Eden was saying her usual thank yous in her prayer she said " thank you for yucky lizzards". I love it!
- Unfortunately Dallin heard someone take the Lords name in vain at school and has been repeating it at home. I didn't really know if he would understand my reasoning, but I told him that when he says that it hurts Heavenly Fathers feelings. So then we kept trying to get him to say "oh dear" instead. I didn't think he was getting it, but then the next time he said it he looked at me and said "that's sad". I think we have pretty much replaced the phrase now.
- We went on a field trip to the pumkin patch yesterday with Dallin's class. He kept hugging on our legs and telling his teacher "this is my mommy/daddy".
- The other day Dallin was sick and he took a nap. When he woke up, I was holding him and he looked up at the wall and said "its in the wall". I asked him what was and he said "boogers".
- Tanner isn't saying a whole lot, but has a lot of early words for a 16 month old. What I am liking though is that he starting to repeat words already. We have not had anyone talk this early but he will repeat things like diaper, pizza, fishies, bananas and yesterday he said goat when we were petting the animals at the pumpkin patch. Maybe this is just the normal age, but it is the earliest for our family. He really seems to know what I am saying to him a lot too. I guess every kid is different.
5 awesome comments:
aww thats soo cute! i really like the one with the wall adn boogers...made me laugh :)
How sweet! Your dreams of having chatty little kids are finally coming true! I am so excited for you!
Boogers in the way.. classic... That's too narrow. thats cute too
WATCH OUT FOR THE BOOGERS IN THE WALL!!!!
WATCH OUT FOR THE BOOGERS IN THE WALL!!!!
Post a Comment