Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One of my Top 20 Moments Ever!

This is a little moment that we had in Oregon that was priceless. I have tons to write about the trip but this deserves its own post. While camping with my family my Dad was playing the guitar one night around the campfire. The familiar songs took me back to my childhood as I loved to listen to his repertoire when I was a little girl. Of course my favorite was always Puff the Magic Dragon. I asked him to sing that one for us and Peter told Eden that grandpa was going to sing a song about a dragon. She quickly ran over to get the front and center spot and he had her complete undivided attention for the duration of the song. When the sad part of the song came and Jackie Paper no longer came to play I really thought she was about to cry. Everyone was mesmerized by the special moment between Grandfather and Granddaughter as they locked eyes while he sang. My dad said he never had such an audience before in his life. It was special for them and for me as I saw my childhood through her eyes. It was something that I will never forget.

3 awesome comments:

Cami said...

Awww. I love it when papa sings that song. I get all choked up thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

Aww, I bet that was super sweet and cute! I can see your dad doing that...it's been so long since I have seen "pop" :-)

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet...you almost made me teary-eyed when I was reading it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin