Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dallin's Birthday Week- Part 3


Dallin is a well loved boy.  To finish off his birthday week, my dad, brother and Peter "helped" him lay the concrete for the upcoming playhouse.  I don't think there was anywhere else in the world that Dallin wanted to be that day.  The guys worked literally all day mixing the cement and laying a flawless foundation. It was a lot of work.  I believe the final count was 48 bags of concrete.   

The cement mixer was fascinating to watch.

Tap tap tap!  Dallin was hands on the whole day and never got distracted from the project.
Dallin doesn't know the difference between work and play when it comes to construction.
My Dad is so awesome.  Without him, there is no way we could have done something like this. Even with a bad back, he didn't want to let Dallin down.  LUP!
My sweet brother worked so hard too.  These guys are masters of concrete laying.

Doting grandpa looks on...It is easy to want to do things like this for a boy that is so cute about it.
It took a lot to talk Dallin into putting his hands in his perfect product.

Peter is such a great Daddy for making this all happen.  When he sets his mind to something, there is no stopping him.  He is like his mom that way.  Dallin is so lucky to have a Dad that helps him make dreams come true. 

I am so grateful for family.  After being without family around for 2 1/2 years, I have a greater appreciation for all the love and service that they willingly give to us. It makes me feel all full in my heart.  Every single family member that we are near has supported, served, partied, and been present in our lives since we moved back.  It has been a blast and not something that I take for granted. I am especially thankful that my kids have such strong positive influences in their lives. I know my little boy felt special and loved on this day. Thank you so much.

1 awesome comments:

april b said...

That playhouse is going to be amazing! I hear ya about the blessings of being near family. We miss everyone and are so glad we'll be moving a little closer to everyone next month.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin