What a great General Conference weekend (When the leaders of the church give semi-annual televised talks). I was left feeling humbled, inspired and feeling much work to do.
With so many talks on marriage, I realized something more than ever. After being married for 10 years, I am still so very immature. Hence the humbling part. Having children has given me unbelievable growth, I can see that, but I could be so much more than what I am. I am in my infancy of where I hope to some day be. I want to shake off this selfishness that is part of me and grow into something more. Someone who tirelessly serves her family and friends while not being concerned with herself. I believe there are so many blessings in store for living a life of selflessness. More joy, meaning, fulfillment, purpose. And I especially want to use my life as a living example to my children.
I can't wait to go back and review all that was given, it was way more than I could take in at once. So much inspiration. I especially loved the topics on personal revelation, trials, marriage, and parenting. Everything was so in sync, so amazing. These men and women are such spiritual giants. It is so inspiring.
The kids were in and out, but overall I think they did pretty well. During one of the sessions, we did a project that kept them in the room with their hands busy. That helped a lot. We laminated and cut out all of our Accountable Kids cards. They were really into it. We didn't have any conference packets this time so we just let them color in color books the rest of the time. That kept them around a little more. Sometimes it was too noisy to hear much, and other times, they lost interest and left to go play. I think they are getting it more each time we have conference though. One speaker Dallin recognized all on his own which was fun. It was Dallin H. Oaks of course!
Monday, April 04, 2011
Conference
Posted by Pricilla at 8:47 AM
Labels: Journaling, Spiritual
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 awesome comments:
I really enjoyed it too, and got all the same messages you did...especially the selfishness. Hit me like a ton of bricks. SLAP!
Post a Comment