skip to main |
skip to sidebar
On June 15 Tanner turned 5! I can't believe that, it just can't be. Tanner loves being 5. He tells everyone he sees. Well he tells them that and that he loves Spiderman. So of course his birthday was all about the Spidey. I brought home a mylar balloon and a dozen helium balloons the day before and he was super excited. We were all ready for a big family party on Sunday evening, but ended up being quarentined because of the flu. Luckily our friends also had it and were happy to come and share our sick germs. That really saved the day. We had spiderman ice cream cake, wore Spiderman masks, and even had a pinata. Tanner received everything Spiderman from clothes (in hopes to deter him from wearing his too small pjs all the time. Nope), action figures, undies, kite, and on and on. He was mostly wanting a costume so when Grandma and Grandpa Dickinson dropped one off, he was elated! He immediately put it on, and broke out into song and dance Spiderman style. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen.

The Mask. Notice we were short on tape, but my electrician is always there to save the day.

Pinata fun


Tanner Stories:
Tanner is still cracking me up all the time. The other day I bought some lunch meat for Peter for a treat, which I haven't done in a long time. Tanner was pumped because his favorite food on the planet is cheese sandwiches. He would eat them for every meal if he could. Now he had meat for them too! Then he remembered that we were out of mayonnaise, so he asked if we could get some. I told him next time I was out, I would. He was so enthusiastic, I mentally put it on the top of my list. That same day Tanner noted that we were really low on crayons, especially his favorite colors, red and blue (a Spiderman artist's necessity). So he added that he wanted mayonnaise AND crayons. This went on for a couple of days so yesterday I asked Tanner if he wanted to go on a date with me to get his stuff (we call any one on one time dates at our house). He jumped at that chance and was also nice enough to let Eden come and have a double date. So we went to a nearby Albertsons. Since it is a holiday weekend there were samples of baby back ribs and smoothies for us. The kids seriously thought it was such a treat. We bought crayons and mayonnaise and were on our way. Apparently, a grocery trip like that makes for the "best date ever!" Tanner was so happy about having "all the ingredients" for his sandwiches, which are, mayo, mustard, cheese, meat and bread. We aim to please around here. We had sandwiches for dinner that night for sure.
Tanner is not shy at all. He is also not afraid to say what he is thinking. These are good things, but we are working on tact a bit, especially around new people. For example, it is not polite to say "Hey you!", when trying to start a conversation with a stranger. But I really do think this this is a talent that he is so outgoing. He does not discriminate between young and old and will chat away with anyone. Yesterday we went to a scout pancake breakfast and we noticed him chatting with a "grandpa", for at least 10 minutes. I don't know many 5 year olds that would do that, but this is not uncommon for Tanner. The only thing I heard was Tanner commenting on how old the gentlemen was and the man replying that he was indeed older than the hills. Again with the tact. But he is easily forgiven because he is such a cute little guy that has so much to say. I think he brightens peoples day wherever he goes. That is a gift.
When Peter comes home from work, Tanner always gives him a big hug and says, "You're my best worker!" Tanner is so full of love and freely gives us lots and lots of hugs and kisses. The other day, Tanner was hugging on me and saying how much he loved me. Knowing how little ones think I jokingly said, "Tanner when you grow up, are you going to marry me?". He said yes. Peter joined in and commented that he was already married to me and I can't marry two people. Tanner got to most sour look on his face with is nose all scrunched up and said, "But DAD, that is just not fair!" He was totally offended that Peter would be so selfish. Tanner has really turned out to be quite a sensitive little guy. I think whoever he really does marry some day will be a very lucky lady.
0 awesome comments:
Post a Comment