My little Lily girl is just such a burst of energy! She is so busy!
If I can keep up with her, we do just fine.
If not, we end up with things like a whole bottle of fish food in the fish tank sort of days.
But you know, she is such a joy to to have around.
She is chronically happy.
She wakes up smiling and ready to go, talking all cute in her little voice saying, "Good morning mommy!"
She is happy go lucky.
Exceptions are only when a sibling wrongs her or gets woken up from a nap.
Then, as we put it, she "Hulks out".
Or sometimes we say she "Released the Crackin."
I can't really describe in words what she sounds like.
I guess a loud, growly, scary voice is the best I can do.
She is pretty funny, even then.
After she calms down again, she is back to her silly, care free, happy self.
This girl loves bananas.
Since they stay in the fruit basket where she can see them,
it is impossible to convince her that they are not free for the grazing.
I am up to buying 5 or 6 bunches a week.
No matter how many I buy, they never last more than 2 or 3 days.
She is half monkey that one.
She has also been known to get out of the house and take a leisurely stroll down the street.
As if it is just normal for a not quite 3 year old to take walks and visit with people along the way.
This has resulted in locks up high on doors, padlocked gate, and updated family rules on who is allowed to open the door or go outside in the front.
Oh yeah, she is absolutely the polar opposite of shy.
She talks to anyone like she has known them forever.
And also gets right in their personal space.
We have our first biter in the family.
It is NOT Lily.
She is usually the victim.
The other night she came crying to us.
She cried, "Carter bit my noders!"
After a few prodding questions we realized that noders=shoulders.
Poor little shoulder.
Whenever she poops, she comes up to me and says,
"Mom, I'ma poopy!"
Whenever she passes gas she laughs and says,
"Oh, I parted!"
When she gets an owie, she says,
"I need a damp!" (stamp)
When she must be taken out of the chapel she yells,
"Don't give me a time out!"
Peter was talking to her the other day and she informed him that she is not Lily.
She is Lily-the-baby-with-a-blanket!
Lily also has the best fake laugh ever.
It is very forced sounding and is so funny.
Did I mention that she is happy? Like, really really HAPPY.
Like contagiously happy.
When I watch her at play,
I see the absolute pinnacle of childhood innocence.
Not a care in the world and happy just to be alive.
So grateful for Lily and her larger than life personality.
5th borns are hilarious!
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Lily
Posted by Pricilla at 2:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 awesome comments:
She sounds like a joy and like the perfect personality for a 5th - no over looking her. We would have so much fun if we lived by each other. Sigh... :)
Post a Comment