Thursday, October 11, 2012

Luke Turns 1

Luke turned 1 on September 9th. The last month before his birthday he was very busy learning to walk and getting a few teeth all at once. We had a double birthday party with cousin Kara. We made Luke this fun owl cake(sorry the pictures are so bad): Photobucket

Photobucket
Luke loved the candles and singing. He was just fascinated with everything going on. Lily helped Luke blow out the candles.
Photobucket
Then he got to attack his own little cupcake:
Photobucket

Photobucket
He was trying to eat the peach rings that were the eyes and I started to worry that he would choke so I stuck them in his bib pocked out of the way.  Mr. Smart E. Pants went right in after them and got them out!
Photobucket

Photobucket That cupcake never had a chance.


Luke is a little mamma's boy.  I love it.  He likes to be held and cuddled.  I just have to squeeze him and kiss him and smell him all the time. Although when mommy starts to maul him too much, he wiggles away.  He loves to make eye contact and then give you a huge grin.  He also loves to be tickled. Although I think he laughs even more over the anticipation of being tickled.  
 
He loves to interact with his siblings too. When they involve him in their play it is quite a treat for him.  Especially the favorite game at our house, Luke tag.  Peter chases the other kids around while holding Luke out and Luke giggles and kicks his legs.  Everyone just loves little Luke.  He definitely brings our family more unity.
 
Luke is exploring the world in full force these days.  He walks around playing with anything he can get his tiny hands on and putting everything in his mouth.  We have gated off half the house to try to help him learn a little at a time and keep him safe. 

 I can't believe my baby is already a year old.  He has been a joy to have in our life.  He is my little buddy and I must say, I love 1 year olds.  This is a great age. 
We love our Lukey.

0 awesome comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin