Sunday, November 26, 2006

Recap

The last couple of weeks have been so fun and busy for us. It all started with all of the youth in our ward having a movie night at our house. I think there were about 50 people over to watch "Cars." It was kind of fun hosting something like that but I spent a lot of time detail cleaning our basement to make it presentable. Then we decided to have another party for a few people in the ward. Our ward was having a game night with "no kids allowed" so we had our own at our house. It was a really good time kids and all. Then Peter took his scouts to the Ape Caves for a great hike (see picture). The next week some of the Dickinson college kids came into town so we spent a lot of time hanging out with the family. We went skating, watched movies and of course ate lots of turkey on Thanksgiving. We also went to the giant jungle gym called Safari Sam's. The kids had a great time. Even Eden was brave climbing around all over the place. We spent the first half of Thanksgiving day with the Dickinson's and spent the rest of the evening with my family. Our families have totally different dynamics. Peter's family is a lot more silly and loud around the dinner table. Lots of laughter. My family has the nice goblets and a separate kids table. Dinner is centered around adult conversation. I think I like having it both ways. We were very tired by the time we got home. On a sad/kind of happy note, we lost my Grandma Arave this week. This is hard for me and I have felt pretty wierd trying to carry on as normal. Because of cancer she was in so much pain and was very ready to pass on. We lost Grandpa a few months ago and she has been anxious to join him. We will be going to the funeral tomorrow.

Dallin was hard to keep up with through the jungle gym. He lost me a couple of times. Dallin is still so into Nacho Libre. He even quote some of it. When it is over he grabs my hand and says " More Nacho?" Peter even saw him dive off the couch onto the bean bag the other day at the end when Nacho flies through the air. Eden loved climbing around with grandpa of course.
Tanner and Joshy were being so cute together that we had to capture the moment. Tanner really enjoyed the taste of Josh's fingers. I was imagining them as roommates at BYU some day.
The great Ape Cave experience. It sounds like the boys really enjoyed it.
I can't believe how cute and moody Eden is. She is so responsive and cute all the time. She talks all the time and loves to be told that she is pretty. Today in the car we were talking about her and she said "I pwetty". I guess it is going to her head.

0 awesome comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin