Last weekend was fun for us and very busy. Friday night Peter took me on a date. I love it when we can just go out and visit together. It really helps a frazzled mommy like me. Saturday we actually stayed home all day and worked on the house. Usually we are off and doing things on the weekends. Saturday night we had a party at our house with my family for my brother Christian's birthday. He is the oldest of our 5 siblings. It was such a good visit. Everyone stayed late and seemed to really enjoy being together. I love times like that. It was fun to prepare a nice buffet of food for everyone too. I have really learned that having good food makes a good party because everyone is happy and wants to visit longer. I guess it is sort of a bribe. For dessert I made my friend Sarah's special lava cakes. They were so yummy. Although most of all of the children were there, they seemed to dissapear into the basement and it was nice and peaceful upstairs for visiting. That made it way less stressful and probably more fun for the kids anyway. I can't believe I totally forgot to take any pictures.
Our week has been pretty normal. Almost each morning Dallin goes to preschool or we all go to speech therapy. Dallin has learned how to sayYes and nod his head when he wants something. He is also into giving big hugs. He will reach for me and say "bee hug" in his sweetest tone. These are both big deals to me. He has made so much progress in the last few months. He will also bring a clean diaper to me when he needs a new one sometimes. He likes to sit on the potty for 10 or 20 seconds but nothing really happens yet. No rush. I am not ready to fight any more battles with him.
Eden is such a good talker. Tanner woke from his nap the other day and she came to me and said " baby's cryin". I think she will be a good helper as our family grows. She can also tell me what Dallin did when she comes frantically crying to me. Probably a tattle tale in the making. I have learned that after nap time Eden needs a good half an hour to become her good natured self again. I try not to say too much to her because if the slightest thing goes wrong she thinks the world is ending. Sometimes she ends up back in her crib for a few minutes to calm down. But most of the time she is very happy.
Tanner is still just perfect. I think Heavenly Father blessed our family so much to give him to us. He likes to use his voice now by making a lot of coos and such. He is also starting to reach for things, so I am bracing myself for a lot of hair pulling. I never knew being a mom was going to be so physical. I get scratches and hair pulled and hit and wrestled with a lot. Of course nothing significant, but it is enough to wear me out by the end of the day. I imagine that I also get more cuddles than the average person too though. I love it.

2 awesome comments:
I love that Eden is an emotional girl. Kristin is the same way! I don't talk to her after naps, until she comes to me first! Funny girls!
Noah is a beast after naps too--unless I tell him I have a piece of candy or something--I know...I win the mom of the year award for that one!
I loved your entry. You guys sound like you're doing great. We need to get together and play again soon!
Post a Comment