Thursday, June 11, 2009

Grossest Mommy Moment

I was so grossed out that I almost wasn't going to write it down, but I can't help myself. I have seen a lot of nasty things in the last 6 years. No poop story has ever had me physically sick to my stomach for hours like this though.

On Sunday we were hanging out in the living room with our kids. The back patio door had been left open because the kids had been coming in and out all afternoon. I don't remember the conversation exactly, but I know Peter and I were talking about something that was using most of my concentration. Out of the corner of my eye I saw carter walk in with something in his mouth. He puts EVERYTHING in his mouth still, which drives me crazy. I love it when kids grow out of that. After about 30 seconds my mind finally registered that I should take a closer look at what the kid was chomping on this time. Seriously, I thought I would die.

I saw little pieces of shell in Carter's hands and on his belly. I knew right away that it was a Snail. Not just a small one, but a nice big juicy one! I let out a huge scream to Peter, who had just gotten up to help Dallin with something. It wasn't my "help, someone is really hurt" panicky scream. It was more of the "ewe ewe ewe ewe I can't believe what I am seeing" creeped out scream. Apparently they are very different, yet just as alarming. Peter knows the difference well, but still came running. I continued my high pitched "gonna die" scream while Peter fished the huge slimy thing out of Carters mouth and ran him to the kitchen sink. Carter wasn't wearing a shirt for some reason so his body was covered with slime and shell pieces.

I was left to clean up the grossness on the floor. I ran to the bathroom and got some toilet paper and when I saw that big guy up close(really, he was twice as big as I thought a snail should be) and saw that he was still moving a bit, I started dry heaving. My gag reflex is very high when pregnant. I can barely get through brushing my teeth without gagging. But this time I couldn't stop. I ran the the garbage to dispose of the pieces and continued to heave until my stomach hurt. I was really only one heave away from losing it when I forced myself to take some deep breaths.

Peter washed Carter off really well, inside his mouth too. When Carter was brought to me, I imagined that I could still smell a dirt type smell on him and for the first time in his life, wanted nothing to do with him. So Peter took him to the shower and really soaped him up good. He even washed the inside of his mouth with a little soap somehow. After that I was able to forgive my little one year old of his offense and move on. My stomach still hurt though, and I really didn't feel right the rest of the day. Yeah, never ask me to eat escargo!

4 awesome comments:

Anonymous said...

ROTFL! -L.

april b said...

LLOOOOOLLLLL! Oh, this will seem really funny once you're not pregnant anymore :)

JENNY said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! I'm gagging a little myself. EWWWWW!

Yours Truly said...

Grosss. But, that's for sharing. He lived so I guess it wasn't really that bad?!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin