Friday, January 08, 2010

First Day of School Jitters

Dallin gets to start at his new school tomorrow. I am so excited and nervous for him. I really want him to like it there and have a good experience. Today I went to the school and had a meeting with his new teacher, special ed teacher, and a few other specialists to plan for his needs. I think that he will definitely have an adjustment period, but that he will do great there. Everyone seems so nice and I am very impressed with how interested they are in helping Dallin succeed.

The only thing I am worried about is that they are not going to give him a full time aid like he had in California yet. They want to have someone come in the mornings with him and see if he needs more support than that. I know legally they have to provide what is in his current IEP so I could push for it if I feel that he needs it, but I think I will just go with what they are doing for a few days.

My only other worry is that the classroom size is a little bigger. Before he had 20 kids, one teacher and a full time aid. Now there will be 25 kids, one teacher and part time aid. His teacher did say that she has really great kids and no discipline problems so I guess I should just stop worrying and see how it all goes.

Overall, after the meeting today I just can't wait for Dallin to get back into school and continue to learn and grow! It will be nice to get back to a regular routine around here too. Now that the holidays are over and the flood is under control it is time to really start getting the home in order. What a huge project. One box at a time...

1 awesome comments:

Cami said...

I,m sure he will be amazing, just like always!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin