It only took me 8 1/2 years, but I finally got around to creating a rules guidelines values document for our home! I could never seem to get it all down in one place before until I saw this idea and was inspired to have some fun. It took me over a week of brainstorming just the right wording, quilting the pieces together in photoshop and giving each value its own unique piece. Thats what I was going for anyway. There are probably well over a hundred layers, but it is hard to see the details this small. I can't wait to make a big poster and frame it! It was so fun to spend a few minutes here and an hour there on this project. I just love photoshop, it is like quilting, or whatever else people enjoy for me. This is as close as we will get to a mission statement. It is a busy poster, but I want this to be something that a child could look at and study when they happen by it and notice something new and unique each time in the years to come. I pray as a mother to help instill these qualities and actions in my children so that they will become good contributing members to society and make the world a better place. There were so many more things I wanted to put, but I just couldn't squeeze any more in. Hopefully I got most of the big values. I will have to do better in many of these to set the example, so I imagine I will need to refer to it often as well. I keep going back and making changes, so this isn't quite the final draft but you get the jist(gist? can't find the right spelling on wikipedia).[*update* GIST (that was bugging me).] Just thought I would share the idea, and thought it was so cute.
Thursday, April 01, 2010
Finally, a Mission Statement!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 awesome comments:
The photoshop class you took really paid off. It looks amazing. I think it will keep their attention for years to come
great job!!! it looks fabulous! i am totally inspired now to make one of these. :)
libby
www.libby-bonjour.blogspot.com
Post a Comment