Patience is something I must pray for every day. I love the blessings that come from this continual goal. But I am getting impatient in one area particularly right now. Losing the baby weight....again...ugh! The more kids I have, the harder it is to get it off. I am ready though. A few weeks ago I "joined" Weight Watchers again. I am too cheap to really be a member, but I wanted to get all the updated materials so, since there was no enrollment fee, I just went one time and got everything I needed and a new food journal for about $18.
I had a rough start to it. After being pregnant and nursing, my appetite is just so huge, so it took quite a while just to get used to eating less again. I am finally there though, for now at least. Eating for me is nothing that I can ever say I have permanantly conquered, but for now I am good. Lots of practice eating slowly, not getting too full, only snacking on fruits, veggies, and nuts between meals, not eating after dinner, allowing for occasional indulgence so that I don't feel deprived. All things I have been trying to change one thing at a time.
Weight Watchers has a new (to me) part of the program called "filling foods" As you count your points if you choose to eat these filling foods, you are less hungry and more healthy. These foods are the ones high in fiber and protein mainly(all fruits, veggies, lean meat, low fat milk, beans, etc.). I love it. I have really been sticking with those and I feel so good. Not even hungry believe it or not. No longer craving junk. Love that.
Food Journaling is difficult for me, but is so vital in understanding portion control and being concious of my choices. It should be a lifelong personal requirement for anyone who wants to eat healthy. We must be aware of what we put in our bodies. The older I get the more I feel driven to not just eat to lose weight, but to truly be healthy and have vitality. I want my children to understand how important this is too. I sincerely hope to one step at a time get to a point where we only eat whole foods and meals from scratch.
I am struggling the most to get going with my exercise. It has been hard to figure out a schedule for it since we moved here. I am really striving for that and praying to find something that I can really enjoy and be consistent at that will work for me and for my family.
Getting healthy doesn't happen over night though, so I am frustrated with the slow process. I am getting there, but I just wish I could snap my fingers and be there. Of course, I will learn so much from the journey, so I know that is what the Lord intends for anything we must work for. I am starting to see some results now so that gives me hope and energy to keep going with it. I am dying to wear all 4 of my new adorable swimsuits that I got on sale half off at this site I found out about from my friend. I also found such a cute sun dress last weekend, that will look a lot cuter when I am less curvy, not to mention most of the jeans in my closet from before that I can't fit in yet. Thinking about it gets me all excited.
I am writing about this because it is a big part of my life at the moment. I will probably write about it a lot on here as I strive to ENJOY the journey to health. I want to like this and make it a way of life. It is how we are supposed to be in our goals and challenges right?
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Getting Antsy
Posted by Pricilla at 9:46 AM
Labels: Journaling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 awesome comments:
Were they having a half off sale? I bought one from there last year for my trip to hawaii, but the straps broke :( I'd like another one, but as far as I can tell they are all full price except for a few that are ten dollars off.
Post a Comment