Yes, I know pregnant women are prone to leg cramps. I had a really bad one once when I was pregnant with Dallin in which I woke up screaming. Since then I have always been really careful not to point my toes when i am lying down. It hasn't really been a problem.
But last night something all new happened that was crazy. We had just gone to bed and I was snuggled up next to Peter on my left side. I must have been lying in a weird way, because all of the sudden I started feeling a pinch on my left right under my rib cage. After a couple of seconds I rolled onto my back and started grabbing my ribs. It only got worse and the pinch was so tight that it started to burn and all I could do was scream. It was so intense. Peter couldn't figure out what was happening and quickly turned the light on. After a few more seconds, it started to subside and standing up and stretching a little made it go as quickly as it came.
It was such sudden intense pain, that I was really shaken and I just laid down and cried for a couple of minutes (not that it takes anything much to make me cry lately) and tried to catch my breath.
Well, that's a new pregnancy symptom to add to my list! I swear the older I get and more times my body does this, the more quickly I begin to fall apart each time.
Wednesday, May 04, 2011
Cramp!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 awesome comments:
YOWZA!!! Hopefully it's a one time thing. I got the leg cramps really bad too when I was pregnant with Ethan and would wake up in the middle of the night bc they hurt so bad. Oh the joys of being pregnant and growing older. :)
I had something like that in my rib cage. It felt like the baby's foot got caught somewhere and it killed!
You are right tho, the older we get the harder pregnancies are on the body. I had a hard time both with the pregnancy and the recovery with Ash.
I hope you feel better today and have a better night! ~S
Post a Comment