Thursday, June 09, 2011

A Boy Scout, a Birthday and a Baptism

My little Dallin just insists on growing up.  This birthday came with some big changes.  When you turn 8 in our church, you can choose to get baptised.  Also, you can start cub scouts.   We went to our first Pack Meeting the day before his birthday and toured the firehouse.  That was a fun start.  Peter ran out and bought Dallin his uniform because we found out that his school had asked the scouts to perform a flag ceremony.  So, the next morning on Dallin's birthday, he got to perform his first duty as a scout.  It was too cute to see him in his uniform.  It was also hat day, so after this he got to wear a birthday cake hat with candles coming out of the top. Perfect timing.  
Photobucket

Dallin wanted to have Pop Tarts for his birthday breakfast.  I was equally grossed out and glad for such   and easy task.  For dinner he chose Pot Stickers and Ramen Noodles.  Fancy!  I guess he misses some of the stuff I no longer buy.  To top it off, we let him invite his best friend over for dinner.  He really loved that.  He opened several gifts including a Lego set, Erector set, Star projector and of course what he loves most, cold hard cash. 
 
Dallin got started right away on his lego set and because it was Friday night, and his birthday, we let him stay up to work on it.  Slowly everyone else went to bed and it was just him.  I waited up with him since the house was dark and quiet and I didn't want him to feel alone.  He was focused and determined to get a certain part done (Sponge Bob's pineapple house to be exact). We finally went to bed at 11:00pm.  WAYYYY past both of our bedtimes. 
Photobucket 
 
The next day on Saturday, the 4th of June 2011 Dallin was baptised a member of the church.  This was such a sweet day for our family.  Dallin was so cute about the whole thing.  I could tell he was feeling very spiritual about it.  A lot of family and friends came, it was such a wonderful feeling.
Photobucket

The girls
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

One of my favorite things of the whole day was taking his picture.  He usually gives me big goofy grins, but not this day.  He had the most angelic countenance like this the whole day.  I just loved seeing his face.  Since Dallin was born, I have always love the sweet expression in his eyebrows.
Photobucket
Dallin did very well during his baptism and confirmation.  He was so reverent and serious.  Afterward he came up and gave me a big hug.   He loved the idea of being made perfect.  Since then, he feels compelled to stay on top of his sins and I have heard him repenting for certain offenses towards his siblings a couple of times. On Sunday in primary, he was asked to come up and talk about his baptism.  They said he pretty much gave a talk on it and explained all the details in such a cute way. Dallin has a strong testimony and loves the gospel.  He has a very special spirit.

Photobucket

Even his Great Grandpa H. came out just for his baptism.
Photobucket

Attempt and fail at family pictures afterward.
Photobucket


Photobucket

After the Baptism, we had our whole group of people over for a barbecue.  The weather was perfect and there were kids all over the backyard playing. It was a great sample of summer.  We had a birthday cake for Dallin and had fun relaxing and eating.
Photobucket

Very happy.
Photobucket

I am so amazed by this special boy and love him so much.  Dallin, I hope you will always remember this wonderful birthday and baptism weekend and how very special you are.

2 awesome comments:

Cami said...

I just realized that your shoes nd toe nails matched your blog!

The Perry family said...

Happy birthday and congrats on such a handsome wonderful little boy growing up and getting baptized.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin