Wednesday, September 07, 2011

10 Years

A couple of weeks ago we celebrated 10 years of marriage!  Holy moly, how did that happen? What a fabulous ride it has been.  We certainly haven't had any shortage of adventures. 

When we dropped the kids off with my MIL to babysit she asked if I would have thought 10 years ago that today I would be expecting my 6th child, at first, I thought NO WAY!  But then I thought for a second and realized, that YES, I totally would have.  It is just so who we are.  My family always teased me about being a "station wagon mom" some day as long as I could remember. But deep down, I do have to be amazed that this has all come about.  From 2 of us to 8! Wow.

There are so many other things that have happened: like finishing school together, buying our home, moving at least 7 times, buying 6 cars, Hawaii twice, Chile trip, a cruise, Disneyland twice, Countless road trips, 2 1/2 years of focusing on some special needs, an apprenticeship, and so many more adventures that I can't even list.  

This year we decided to repeat what we did last year because we enjoyed it so much.  Peter's Dad took us out on the boat for a beautiful ride on the lake. It was so serene and calm.  I gave Peter a heartfelt letter to read along the way and we just rode in the peaceful breeze.  We were dropped off at the lakeside restaurant and enjoyed a delicious dinner together.  It was so fun to talk about life.  We have so many blessings before us and so many dreams ahead of us. 

Oh yeah, we also stopped at Deseret Book and bought ourselves each a new set of scriptures.  We decided to get the "Old" people version with larger text, Ha ha!  This is the first set I have had with my married name engraved on it. 

I don't know if these are the same pictures I have put on before but I tried to pick different ones. It didn't seem right not to put some on here.  Looking through them made me realized that we have indeed aged.  I bet my waist is double the size in the pictures right at the moment too! 

I just love this man.  He is my best friend.  I don't feel like my thoughts are complete until I have shared them with him.  I want to be with him forever. We have really grown up together in the last 10 years.  I like that we have grown together and not separately.  Peter is so loyal, so caring, so selfless.  I hope to be as good as he is some day.  Being loved so much by someone like him is humbling.



10 years is nothing to think of the 17 that we have actually known each other!  That makes me feel old.

I don't see the next 10 years being as full of as many NEW things and changes.  I see us focusing on what we have, staying put and being busier than ever raising our family. I am sure whatever lies ahead, it will be amazing.

 I was the kind of little girl that loved fairy tales and wanted to live one.  That really is what I feel like my life with Peter has been and will be forever. He still sweeps me off my feet and makes me feel like a princess. I am not saying nothing has ever been hard. We have been through challenges, worked hard and grown even closer.  We continue to struggle through, but at the end of each day, we lean on each other and feel like we can do anything as long as we are together.

God's design for families is good.  That is where there is the greatest joy imaginable. 

0 awesome comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin