Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Baby Luke

I wrote this a few days ago am just getting around to publishing it:
  

Baby Luke has been with us for 3 weeks now.  It really amazes me that only 3 weeks ago I was still pregnant and hadn’t met my sweet baby yet. 



That seems like a distant memory now.

I can’t get enough of his sweet smelling little floppy head.

So small and helpless.

Finding comfort in my arms.

He loves to be close to me.

He never fails to calm down to the sound of my voice

And cuddling up on on my chest.

He knows me. 

I know him.

It seems like it has always been this way.



I love to feed him,

Stare into his eyes when he is awake

Watch him as he smiles in his sleep

Cuddle him all night

I never want to put him down.



He is such a content little baby. He rarely fusses unless he is hungry.  He just eats and sleeps most of the time.  He loves the constant noise of our full house and does not mind sleeping despite our happy chaos.  He has figured out his nights and days and gives me 6 to 7 hours of sleep at night already.  Not bad! 



 We are very gradually working into a three hour eat, wake, sleep schedule repeated throughout the day.  He seems to fall into that pretty naturally but I am not stressing it too much.



His siblings just adore him.  They can’t wait to visit him first thing when they wake, come home from school or before going to bed.  They love to hold him and kiss his head and sing to him.  It is so tender.  Even Lily really acknowledged him the other day and kissed him and as she looked at his tiny feet, repeated “This little piggy went to market” on them.  It was so cute.  She loves to give him his blanky and steal his binky.     





He has hit a growth spurt the last couple of days and is starting to change.  I can’t believe how quickly this time passes.  I wish I could make it all slow down for a while. 



I love you baby Luke.  I am so glad you are here.

I have been feeling so blessed to have all these little people in my life.  It is amazing how much love you feel for your children and how it grows more with each one that comes. Life is so rich and beautiful with them in our family.  I just can’t describe in words what I feel for them.  There aren’t any words.  They will always be my babies. My heart feels so full, literally.  Even for a little baby that I have only known (on the outside) for 3 weeks.  I can’t imagine life without any of them.    

0 awesome comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin