Last Week my little Eden had the cutest day. When I saw her and Dallin walking down the street toward the house after school I opened the door to greet them. Eden started running as fast as she could all excited about something. As she got closer I could hear her yelling "I lost my first tooth!" over and over again.
When she got to me she gave me a big celabratory hug and showed me a tiny little treasure chest with her tooth inside. Apparently she wiggled it so much it came out and she didn't have a chance to tell her teacher before recess. She told the recess duty teacher who sent her to the office where she was given her cute little chest to keep it in.
After that we went on with our day and as Eden was doing her afternoon chores she came downstairs and told me that she had lost her tooth, literally. She was "cleaning her room" and she sat down on her bed and opened the little chest and the tooth went flying.. So she and I set out to find it.
After a few minutes Eden said "Maybe we should we say a prayer or something." My heart was so proud of her and I eagerly agreed. I expected her to kneel down right there, but instead she ran out of the room and downstairs for a couple of minutes and then came back. I didn't question her methods and we continued looking. I kept praying in my heart that Heavenly Father would answer her sweet little prayer. We talked about listening to the promptings of the spirit as we looked. She seemed very sure that her prayer would be answered.
After a few more minutes, I stood up thinking of giving up because Luke needed me. I was trying to figure out how to break it to Eden, when she flopped down on her bed on her belly and hung her head over the side and said " Oh, here it is!" Seriously? I had looked under her bed like 10 times and we had moved it twice to get a better look. I could not believe it! I suggested that we say another prayer to thank Heavenly Father for answering our prayers. We knelt and said one together this time and I could see Eden's little seed of faith had grown.
She immediately wanted to call her daddy at work and tell him all about how she lost her first tooth and how she misplaced it and her prayer was answered. Peter told her to always remember this great experience. What a good little person she is.
Friday, October 14, 2011
Tooth Miracle
Posted by Pricilla at 8:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 awesome comments:
That is so cute! My little sister lost her first tooth just a few weeks ago too! And the faith of a child is so sweet.
Post a Comment