Monday, November 19, 2012

Hood To Coast

So, we did the Hood to Coast back in August! Peter had done it recently, but I hadn't since I was 15.

Peter and his brothers:

Photobucket
Me and my sisters:
Photobucket
Peter and I rode together in a van with my sisters and his friend.  We laughed and were obnoxiously chatty the whole time.  I feel kinda bad for the 2 guys.  
My first run was almost 7 miles and it was HOT! Apparently I was a little too worried about getting dehydrated and drank too much because by the time I was finished I had wet myself quite a bit! That was unexpected, but memorable. I had to laugh at myself for that one.  My second run was in the middle of the night in a hilly gravely woodsy area.  That was easier because it was so much cooler.  My third run was hot and on black asphalt that was uneven and I had a major side ache for about 3 miles.  I must say the whole thing was a lot tougher than I thought.  But the excitement at the end makes you forget the bad parts a little. It's kinda like pregnancy that way.  Like during the run, everyone was swearing that they would never do this again, but at the beach, everyone was like, "Yeah, maybe I will do this again." I made a lot of good memories with my sisters and Peter though.
Photobucket
Peter and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on the run.  That was pretty fun.  It was not quite a romantic weekend getaway, but I love doing crazy things with this guy. 

The whole team:

Photobucket
Our name was "The Running Dead" so we put gross zombie tattoo's on and ran like zombies through the finish line.  The only thing was that we didn't really have to pretend. We were so sore and running on sand, we couldn't help but run funny. 

I was vegging in the van and noticed my name shadow on my lap!  It was from the paint decorating we had done on the van. So funny.
Photobucket
Afterward, I ended up with a couple of blisters.  One toenail was pretty sore too and kind of squished when I pushed on it.  A few days later I realized that it was a blister when it burst and the whole toenail came off!  It is mostly grown back now, but it was pretty freaky. 

0 awesome comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin