Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas Eve

Chrismas Eve was so wonderful. We went to church in the morning where I sang in the Choir and did a Duet and and Solo. I felt very
calm for some reason and was able to deliver without being too nervous. For Christmas Eve we had all of my immediate family over for a buffet and gift exchange. It was a great time. Eden was so tired that she had a hard time waking up. Grandpa was a convenient bed for the waking up process. As soon as we started opening presents she snapped out of it.

We didn't really do a program so I just read the book How the Grinch stole Chrismas to all of the kids. They were really into it. My nephew Adam had never heard the story so his eyes were as big as quarters the whole time. Then we all followed our tradition of opening gifts from youngest to oldest. Everyone gets one gift because we draw names.
My brother in law Bryan got Daniel my other brother in law this year. His gift was the movie Brokeback Mountain. It was so funny. Of course there was a receipt taped to the back so he could go get a movie he really wanted.

Peter and I had my Mom and Dad so we did a combined gift. I got family pictures from all five of our families and put them in nice matching frames. My parents don't have anything like that so it was a nice end to the exchange since they are the oldest. I spen't weeks coaxing people to take the pictures and begging them to email them to me. It went over well. After the party we packed up our kids and headed to a cabin to join Peters family.

0 awesome comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin