Late Christmas Eve we headed to a Cabin to join Peter's family. Dallin was especially exited about getting there. He will be a great scout some day. I was so tired from all of the activities of the week that we almost backed out but seeing Dallin run around so exited like he was at Disney Land made it worth it. We had a christmas program and played games, then headed to bed. Tanner coughed most of the night so we didn't get much sleep. Peter and I were very happy to get up and be over with trying to sleep. We got everyone up just as it was starting to get light outside. Dallin came down and found a drum set and Eden found a dolly stroller.
This was the first year that the kids were old enough to really get the whole opening presents and being exited thing. It was so fun to watch.
I noticed that Peter was helping Dallin open all his trucks and boy stuff and I was helping Eden with dollies and such. This was really much funner than opening our own gifts. I just set mine aside for later. This was a new thing for me to have the satisfaction of seeing our children experiencing the majic of Christmas morning for the first time(although I still don't think they get the Santa concept).
Peter ended up getting a really nice fancy pool stick and a pull up bar and I got the fancy nerdy cell phone/pocket PC that I have been dying to have and a cute new purse.
Tanner explored a couple of new toys and eventually just fell asleep, tired from all of the late night coughing. After leaving the cabin we had all of the Dickinsons and Grandpa Hedman over to our house for a movie and games. The day after Christmas we went to a Dinner with the Hedman extended relatives (people that we dont know very well). It was at a fancy chinese place with no kids allowed so it was our date for the week. It was fun exept I just felt like I was getting really sick. I had been feeling kind of wierd for about 3 days and now I was getting aches and chills really bad. We came home and I went right to bed. During the night I woke up sooo miserable. I finally realized that I had mastitus. I had been so busy that I didn't recognize it. So I finally got the antibiotics that I needed the next day. It took about 24 hours really feel better, but ibuprofin helped me through it. Now I can relate to all of the women out there who have gone through this. It is really painful. Last night we went skating with Peter's family again. It was fun as usual but this time we found a room in the back that had a whole bunch of little kid cars. Dallin and Eden had a great time riding around in them. I was so sad that we forgot our camera. Dallin would open the door for Eden and she would get in and he would shut the door and push her all over the rink. Then he would open the door for her again and she would get out and they would find a different car to use and repeat the process over and over. Dallin's legs would just go so fast as he pushed her and he never seemed to get tired. He fell asleep in the car in about 60 seconds though. They were the cutest little buddies ever. I think we are having a break from all of the parties today but we will start up again for the New Years celebrations. Life is going to seem so boring when we get back to our daily routines.
Friday, December 29, 2006
Posted by Pricilla at 10:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 awesome comments:
Sounds like you guys had an eventful Christmas! I love all of your posts! That stinks about the mastisis. That's the worst. Can't wait to see you guys again!
Post a Comment