I was so bad about taking pictures last week, but there were some noteworthy events. Saturday morning we took the kids to a "Boot Camp" Primary activity. They had a great time going to different stations and Peter and I ran the Basic Training station. We made the kids do some exercise drills like push ups and pull ups and told them they should exercise every day to keep their body strong. Then we gave them some spiritual exercises that they should do every day to keep their spiritual body strong (prayer, scriptures, family prayer). Dallin's favorite thing was the gunny sack races. Eden's favorite thing was the cupcakes and water in the mess hall at the end.
Then Saturday afternoon we went to a birthday party for a kid in Eden's primary class, but all of our kids were invited. They had a fun pinata experience, making picture frames, and decorating little cars with stickers. It was fun to hang out with so many people from church.
As if that wasn't a full enough day, we decided since it was such a beautiful day that we would pile the kids in the wagon and walk to the park about a mile away. Walks and going to the park are two of their favorite things. By the time we got home, we were totally beat.
On Sunday, Dallin gave his very first talk in Primary! I think I was a lot more excited about it than he was. I wrote his talk in extra large font in Word and imported lots of pictures so that he could read it himself. He practiced a bunch beforehand and he did a great job. Eden also gave her first scripture and prayer and did a wonderful job as well. I was a proud mommy :)
Sunday afternoon Peter decided to take Dallin and Eden for a bike ride. He took them over to the high school where there is lots of paved basketball courts and let them ride around. Peter decided to take Dallin's training wheels off and give him a little lesson in bike riding. It turned out that no lesson was necessary. Dallin just took off and never fell or needed instruction, he just did it! I guess he must have been ready for that. He even just naturally knew to put his food down when he stopped. I am a little sad that I missed that. I not too surprised though, Dallin has always picked up on gross motor stuff quickly and Peter had raised his training wheels up a tiny bit to make it harder a while back, which turned out to be all the practice he needed. He is really excited that he can ride with no training wheels like his cousin Spencer now.
Monday, February 09, 2009
A Few Fun Things
Posted by Pricilla at 8:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 awesome comments:
Dallin is just an awesome kiddo.
Post a Comment