Monday, February 16, 2009

The Other White Meat

I have discovered a way to enjoy 3 totally different dinners in a row with very little effort at all. We gave up fast food and eating out about a month ago, so fast home cooked meals are a must around here.

I love making pork loin roasts. They usually come in a package with 3 small roasts and are very affordable. This is where I start.

Sunday: In the morning put 2 pork roasts(1 is enough for dinner and one is for tomorrow)in the Crock pot. I season it with Montreal steak seasoning. Fill the rest of the pot with large pieces of potato, onion and carrot. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8. After dinner, save the second roast and about 2 cups of veggies.

Monday: Shred the second roast and mix with barbecue sauce to make pulled pork. Heat and serve on hamburger buns.

Tuesday: Make a simple cheesy potato and ham soup. Instead of boiling potatoes, use the flavorful left over veggies mashed up. I always keep cubed ham in my freezer so I just toss a cup of that in. Serve with sourdough bread or bread bowls. This only takes about 10 minutes.

Good home cooked meals in no time at all. I am sure there are tons of combinations, but I just like how these are all different. I was thinking maybe next time I will make 3 roasts and have a fourth night with enchilladas.

2 awesome comments:

Cami said...

Love it! I sooo have to try this. Except, I have to get a new crock pot first. I had to throw mine out when the lid broke. i probly could have replaced the lid, but it was kind of a crappy crock pot anyway. Anywho......

Tammy said...

Wow Cool! I will try this when I get a chance!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin