After we got home from our honeymoon it was time for school to start. We packed our car and Peter's parent's van full of gifts and headed to Provo. We had arranged for an on campus one bedroom apartment at Wymount Terrace. It was so tiny and perfect. We arrived after a long day of driving at midnight, but I was way too excited to go to bed. I spent the whole night enthusiastically unpacking all of our new stuff and arranging our little place. It was so awesome to finally be living under the same roof. Our very own place! I felt like a little girl decorating my doll house.
A couple of months later we went to Chile with Peter's family to pick up his brother Jimmy from the mission. We saw many things and met lots of people. I had just finished 2 years of spanish classes so I was really excited to use my new language skills. My spanish wasn't great, but I didn't let that get in the way. It was a great trip, and a testimony builder for me to meet all of the members that Jimmy worked with.
This was a mine we toured in Chile.
For our one year anniversary we went on a week long Carribean cruise. I didn't know there was a shark behind us until this picture was developed. Just kidding, I believe it is just another snorkeler. Just making sure you are paying attention. It was pretty fun trip, minus the morning sickness! I found out I was pregnant a couple of weeks before we left. We still enjoyed ourselves and we were so excited about starting a family together.
Some ruins in Mexico
BYU intermural waterpolo.
It was there in Santa Rosa that we made the next big jump in life. The 2 of us became 3 early in the morning on June 3rd, 2003. This picture was taken seconds after we became parents as we looked at our little baby for the first time. Our most exciting adventure of all. It sure seems like it all came down to this moment.
5 awesome comments:
Hay, you summed up the last 15 years very nicely.
Happy 8th Anniversary!
Peter
Happy Anniversary!
cute! it was really fun to read your stories. congrats on creating such a great family through the years.
Cilla, I loved reading your epic stories. Each are beautiful, and you captured the experiences so well! Happy (late) anniversary!
Happy (early) 10th wedding anniversary to you and Peter! I loved reading your love story... thank you for sharing it with us! :)
Post a Comment