"Love Unexpressed is Love Unknown."
I like this quote and it reminded me of this Education Week talk called "The Functional Family." . In it, James Macarthur explains that one basic human need is to feel significant and important and how we can show our children that they are important to us. This whole talk is full of great parenting advice and gives 10 qualities of a functional family, but if you start around 19 minutes you can hear him explain that we must tell our children these things regularly and that you cannot do it too often. I first listened to this talk a couple of years ago and I have really come to enjoy expressing how important my children are to me. I love watching their face and the visible satisfaction that they get from hearing it. I try so hard to be a good parent, but often feel like I am falling short in many ways. I find comfort in knowing that when my children are grown, they will at least know that they are important and loved, without a doubt.
Saturday, July 03, 2010
Love unexpressed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 awesome comments:
So true, and so important! Thank you for sharing. And don't worry - you're one of the best moms I know!
Post a Comment