Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010

We have been partying nonstop since Thanskgiving!  Much funner than real life I must say.  Here is how our Christmas went:
 
Christmas Eve: We hosted my family for a party together.  My mom gave the kids their Christmas pajamas which were a huge hit and then we did a gift exchange from our name drawing.  We ate until we were completely stuffed and played games, read a christmas story, and enjoyed our gifts.  It was very "merry and bright". 
Photobucket


Photobucket




All the grandkids except Carter ran out of the picture.
Photobucket

Love this hat she got from a cousin.  Not so much the messy face though.
Photobucket

Tanner really wanted a potato head like the one in Toy Story, so he was very happy.
Photobucket


Photobucket

That night Santa Came to our house!  Peter Santa spread all the gifts out througout the room so that it would look more full.  I think having 5 kids worth of gifts makes it look full. While we were working Dallin woke up and started coming downstairs.  Peter ran up and put him back to bed.  Dallin said he dreamed that there were so many presents that the whole house was full to the ceiling and that he kept looking out the window for Santa, but didn't see him.  It was cute. 
Photobucket




The next morning everyone came down and looked around in awe.  Dallin spotted his telescope that he desperately hoped for right away!
Photobucket

Annual stair picture.
Photobucket

Tanner and Carter got a duplo table stuffed with duplos.  All the kids just loved it and played with it all day.  A huge hit (and one of the cheapest second hand gifts).
Photobucket


Photobucket

Tanner got so excited every time he opened a Toy Story character.  He kept wondering about Woody though.  After a while, I slyly stuck that package behind the couch so that his anticipation would build until the end.
Photobucket

We tried to just open one gift at a time in turn and enjoy each one for a while so that we could savor everything.  This worked for a couple of hours, but toward the end Dallin just couldn't wait anymore.  One of his many space toys.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Carter also got Toy Story toys, but they are soft, which I thought he would like.  Wrong! He likes Tanner's way better.  I wished I had gotten them both the same ones.
Photobucket

Eden really wanted a snow globe music box thing.  This one is very girly and she loves it.
Photobucket
She also loves these ultra colorful, sparkly light up shoes.
Photobucket

After it was all over, Tanner was starting to panick that he had not gotten Woody, and then I "found" his last package.  It was worth the wait!
Photobucket


Photobucket

Eden's big gift was an art easel.  It is so perfect for her right now, but the other kids like it too.  They all got their own toys, but all really kind of share with everyone too.  I really like that about them (except when they are fighting over them.)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Seeing these pictures makes me miss it already.  It went too fast.  It is so fun to shower children with gifts once a year. 
Christmas Gift Themes-
Dallin: Space
Eden: Art
Tanner: Toy Story
Carter: Toy Story
Lily: Happy to be there
Photobucket

After all of our festivities, we went to Peter's parents and played around all day.  This is their new video game that doesn't use a controller.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Bananagrams, one of our very favorites.
Photobucket




A couple of days later we went to Fort Stevens near the beach and stayed in this HUGE 100 year old 6000 square foot house.  It was very well preserved and felt like an old hotel.  It was almost creepy feeling, but gorgeous.  We played lots more games and enjoyed ourselves.
Photobucket

At the jette. This is my niece Clare.
Photobucket
Family, family and more family.  What a perfect Christmas.

2 awesome comments:

The Perry family said...

it does sound perfect! It does go too fast! I love having my kids at home and now I'm bummed that I have to send them back to school! Glad you enjoyed your time family! Thanks for sharing!

Cami said...

You take great pictures! I really like the one of clare bear...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin