Since the kids are more interested in the decorating, this year we got a pre-built gingerbread house. I quickly put some frosting on it and let them go to town. The had a blast putting candy and more frosting on and making a huge mess. I was impressed at how well they worked together. There was not arguing at all, they just had a great time.
Carter was more into watching and eating candy.
I liked doing it this way because the kids got to do the work. They didn't have to wait around for the house to be built and be extra careful not to break it before it dried.
Once the house was finished they proceeded to strip it of every piece of candy. It was completely bare by the time they went to bed. Lily liked sucking on big chunks of gingerbread.











0 awesome comments:
Post a Comment