Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Day 5 as a cripple

My ankle seems to be getting worse. The only way I can seem to make it better is to wear a boot cast thingy that we borrowed from my MIL and stay completely off of it (yeah right). That is a problem.  I did pretty good yesterday and had almost no pain.  I was good about using crutches all day if I had to get my duff off the couch. But by the evening I got over confident and started walking around in the boot only to go to bed in pain once again.  doh! 

Today my game plan is to use crutches again and keep it iced all day.  I am thinking if I can get the swelling to go down, it might have a chance to heal. I don't think it is broken since I didn't fall or anything so here's my theory:  I stopped walking for about a month and started up again last Thursday. Friday we walked and I had extremely bad shin splints, but walked anyway.  I think I was probably walking weird to compensate and somehow injured the tendons in the top front of my ankle. It was the next day after that when I started to feel pain. Lame lame lame lame lame.  Who get injured from walking?????  I know I am not 20 anymore, but come on, I am far from this sort of thing I would think.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping and used a little scooter thing at Winco!  It was kinda fun embarrassing. It was either that or take forever on crutches and aggravate the injury. The cashier was impressed with how much food I was able to get on that thing.  We go through 4 gallons of milk and 5 loafs of bread a week just to give you an idea of how it went.  By the end I had cereal boxes all around my feet on the scooter!  Okay I know I am pretty cool.

Seriously though, I am so bored.  There are only so many times I can check email/facebook/blogs a day.  I am getting a little stir crazy and my children are taking advantage of my gimpyness.  It is nice that Peter got my laptop fixed so I have something to do at least.  Hmmmm...my foot is starting to get frostbite now.  Yeah, life is good.  I am going to go laugh at how pitiful I am now.

1 awesome comments:

Cami said...

ha ha ha, Wish I could have seen that!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin