Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Oops, what happened to Fall?

No this was not taken months ago although it looks like it.  Yeah, this was a week or two ago. Our yard has a huge amount of leaves in the fall.  For some reason our priorities have not been geared toward the yard for several months. Or last summer for that matter, it was all playhouse all the time. Sometimes somethings gotta give, you know?  I guess it is kind of out of sight out of mind since we don't go out there much lately. 

I had to laugh at myself last week at Target when I was buying a package of leaf bags.  Dallin said really loud, "Oh, are those so we can rake up our leaves and throw them away?"  I was so embarrassed that it is February and I am just now buying them. I just avoided eye contact with the other person in the isle. Hmmmm, said bags are still unopened....so I thought instead of feeling ashamed, I would go ahead and make fun of myself instead. Blogs are great that way.

At least the kids don't mind.  In fact they had a great time "fishing" for leaves out of the rain water built up in this plastic turtle.  Yikes, we have a lot of work cut out for us this spring to get things back into shape.  We have plans to relocate the garden and expand it, finish up the playhouse(unenthusiastic yay!), general landscaping and I imagine putting down seed for the bald spots in the lawn from stagnant leaves!

0 awesome comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin