This year was pretty low key for Valentines day. Peter and I went to the Sweethearts Ball at church a couple of days before and called it good for our celebration. It was really fun and was even catered by the Olive Garden! The youth did a great job as usual. We watched them do funny skits after dinner, a dance team did some ballroom dancing for us and, then we got to have a dance of our own which is always fun. Definitely my favorite date night of the year.
The kids were really into V day this year. I was going to try to do something home made for their cards this year, but just wasn't up to it so we bought the typical classroom cards, which they were very happy with anyway. Dallin chose Sponge Bob, Eden chose monkeys (here favorite animal by far), Tanner chose Spider man, his latest obsession, and Carter chose Cars the movie. Dallin filled his card out by himself this year and Eden signed her name to each one as well. It was quite fun to all sit around the table and everyone working on their cards. It was exciting.
On Sunday we had a valentines dinner with Peter's family and Michelle made heart shaped pancakes, sausages and a pink ice cream drink. The grand kids loved exchanging valentines with each other.
On Monday just as the kids were about to leave, I was feeling a little guilty that I didn't have any cute valentine hair bows for Eden to wear and so I quickly put her hair up and decorated it with extra heart stickers from their packs of valentines. I put them all over her head and one on each cheek. She looked sooooo cute! I didn't feel too bad anymore because she felt special. She said she got lots of complements. I wish so much that I had taken her picture(so lame)!
Dallin and Eden each came home with their bags full of candy and valentines. I thought it was so neat that they both came home excited to show and share their goodies with the younger siblings that don't go to school. Eden was especially mindful of Tanner since he wishes he could go to school with them. Good kids.
Thursday, March 03, 2011
Valentines 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 awesome comments:
Post a Comment