I loved the show Oprah did on autism today. I found myself tearing up a lot as Jenny McCarthy described what it is like to go through this journey. I can relate to her 100%. Not the husband part though, I am very blessed with how involved Peter is. Its kinda late to see it now, but I hope some of you saw it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 awesome comments:
oh pricilla! i watched it and thought of you the whole time and i was going to write you an email or post on your blog to tell you about it...but of course you saw it! it really was a great show, very inspiring and informative, and pretty real, i thought. i could have heard them talk and discuss for more than the hour alotted.
i have a million questions for you, but i'll just put a few, and you can answer them sometime if you want:) i know that you mentioned trying the no wheat/milk diet thing with dallin; did it work for you, or did you even notice a difference? also, what is your take on the vaccine thing? or do you have your own idea about how dallin came to have autism? also, what of the things you are trying do you feel is having the greatest impact?
i know he is really making progress and i think that is so amazing; you're a wonderful mother and fighter for him.
I did watch it and it was very informative and interesting. It helped me to understand more about it and how hard it it for you mom's. It was excellent!
We had Dallin on the GFCF diet for about 6 weeks or so last winter. His behaviors actually got a lot worse! His teachers even noticed it before I told them we were doing anything. According to our naturopath, that is a common thing. I have been feeling like I need to try it again though and after watching I feel ready to try again.
I could not have said the vaccine thing better than she did about the one size fits all. I am not vaccinating Tanner at all until he is about 3 and then I will do one at a time. I don't really know if that was a factor for Dallin, because he started displaying symptoms so young, but then again he started getting vaccines before he even came home from the hospital.
I think the best things we have done with Dallin is speech therapy, which helped him go from only a handful of words to 2-3 word phrases in only 3 months, autism preschool, and Applied Behavior Analysis therapy which we have learned to use at church and at home.
I watched it too! It was great! You're doing such a great job with Dallin!
i didn't see it but i'm so glad it was good for you (couldn't really find the right words for what i mean). that "sister winfrey" (as ian calls her sometimes) does have some good shows every once in awhile. :)
hey, I actually did see the show and I thought of you. (i was sick so tv was the only thing i could do. it was a pretty long day) I was also thinking all of the progress i've noticed in dallin just from the things you've posted on the blog since ya'll have moved to california. keep up the great work!
Post a Comment