Thursday, September 20, 2007

Scary World!

UPDATE: I looked this up on the police website and found the notes about it. 3 people were observed stealing our neighbors car and the police were called. They had taken apart the stearing column and everything. When they arrived the suspects ran. They caught one right away, one in the back yard (which we heard) and the other one a couple of miles away.


Last night at 2 in the morning we were sound asleep of course and had our window open. I was jolted awake by a man screaming near our house. It sounded like someone getting beat up and several people yelling for about 15 seconds. Then it just stopped, so I am looking out the window, but can't see what it was. Peter's still half asleep and I am thinking someone just got killed or something. Just as I am about to call 911, I see 2 policeman walk across our neighbors back yard with flashlights. I guess they were looking for someone and they found him. Then I noticed all of the flashing police lights coming from the streets. There must have been more than one person on the loose though because they kept looking for someone else. Of course there were dogs all over the neighborhood barking like crazy the whole time. I made Peter get up with me to make sure all the doors were locked and as we were checking the back slider, the police started searching our yard! Freaky. Of course I was wide awake now so I watched for the next hour as they searched every yard meticulously. I could see police cars all the way around the block. I don't know exactly what was going on, but this isn't supposed to happen in the suburbs. Not in OUR neighborhood anyway. We don't know what was going on still but it was definately a night to have our doors locked tight. As I finally fell asleep my final thoughts were of what a scary world we are bringing our children into.

4 awesome comments:

Anonymous said...

That is crazy!! That happened once to us when I was a kid. My neighbor went crazy and the police men used our house (and my room cause it faced their house) as a stake out. They had all their dogs with them too! The greatest thing about it was I slept through the whole thing (I was on my brothers top bunk in the basement!!) Hope they caught everyone they were looking for!!

Danielle said...

Scary! Just what you want to happen in the middle of the night! Glad everyone was safe and sound.

Jen said...

Insane! You must be in a good neighborhood if they want to steal your cars! Glad you were all okay!

Heidi said...

dang thats scary and crazy! glad u guys are ok. dang thats intense tho

Blog Widget by LinkWithin