I just finished reading the Book The Secret. I mostly wanted to know what all of the hype was about. I think it has a lot of good points and found a lot of parallels with gospel beliefs, but I think it may be a little extreme for me. Basically it is the idea of the law of attraction and if you are always thinking positive thoughts, you can have anything you want. Its like you have to believe that you already have something and it will come to you. I liked the suggestion about losing weight for example. Tape your dream weight over your scale if you have the habit of weighing yourself so that you believe that you already are that size. Peter thinks I should try it so that I don't complain about losing weight anymore. Of course this thinking goes with whatever it is that you want. I tried it on my way to Wal Mart the other day. All the way there I thought about how grateful I was that I got a parking place in the front. It worked! Not only was it in the front, but it was THE BEST spot in the whole parking lot. Crazy. If nothing else, after reading this book I think I will be more grateful and not complain much. Has anyone else read it? What were your opinions?
Saturday, September 15, 2007
The Secret
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 awesome comments:
i've told your parking lot story a few times since reading it on your blog the other day. crazy!
Post a Comment