Dallin came home from school the other day with some grand ideas in his head. He started talking all about hot air balloons and how they work. I knew where this was going and was right. He fully intended to build one. I was blow drying my hair and he came in and said, "Mom, can I borrow that?" I said "Sure, why not?". He showed me an empty plastic grocery bag that he was going to use as a balloon. He got Eden all excited about it and I could hear them in the living room working on their new project. Then after a few minutes I heard the blow dryer turn on and then off again. They were obviously troubleshooting and I heard Eden say "Hmmm...maybe if we build this outside, we could use the hair dryer and the wind to get it to fly."
I just had to check it out by then. Dallin had turned their little table upside down and put a couch cushion on top of the legs and then a big basket. The table legs had several of the plastic grocery bags hooked on. Eden's little bean bag was up there too. It was so cute. I think they eventually gave up on making it float, but it was very imaginative for sure.
Sunday, May 02, 2010
Hot Air
Posted by Pricilla at 11:39 AM
Labels: Journaling, Out of the mouths of babes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 awesome comments:
Post a Comment