On answers to prayer: Sometimes they are subtle and sometimes they are undeniable.
The last few weeks, Peter and I have been trying to make a decision regarding Dallin's schooling for next year. Just like always, each time we need to make a decision for his future it is very painfully difficult. I want what is best for him, but since I can't see the future, I feel like making big decisions is nearly impossible. Yet they must be made. And like I always tell myself, if I don't stand up and do it, no one will. I am his advocate, its my responsibility and so I am strengthened.
Yesterday was our meeting day at the school and Peter and I had prayerfully made a decision, but I was so full of doubts, which would not be good for standing up for Dallin. All morning I had been worrying about these doubts and praying about it. Then someones name came into my head. It was like something inside me saying "You need to talk to this person." This person is a friend from our ward who has 4 teenage children, but I had never talked to her about this situation and had no idea why in the world it would be helpful. So, I just tried to put it out of my mind. I couldn't seem to stop thinking about it though.
Peter had stayed home from work for a couple of hours while we tried to work through our decision. Just before he left we knelt together in prayer and pleaded with the Lord to know without a doubt that this was a good decision and if it was not, that we would both have a stupor of thought about it. After that we both felt a little better and as Peter was about to leave, I told him that I really had this feeling that I need to talk to this lady in our ward. He said, "Well, we made our decision so I think we are good." I agreed.
So this is where my testimony of Divine intervention grows. Not even 30 minutes later, this person called ME! When I answered the phone and she said "Hi Pricilla, this is _______." It almost didn't seem real. I have heard stories like this lots of times, but never had it happen in my life. She was calling about a baby shower for a girl that we know, but I was like, "Um, are your really calling me right now?" She was confused and I told her she had been on my mind all morning. I said, "I think I need to talk to you." She said she had been wanting to call me all week, but lost my number and had just found it this morning.
Because of the feelings I was having, I knew that whatever she had to say, I was to listen. I asked her a little bit about her past experience with her kids and without pause, like she didn't even have to think about her answer, told me about a decision from her past that related to what we were working on with Dallin. It totally confirmed our decision. My doubts were gone, and besides all the shaking from what just happened, I was at total peace. Then I was able to go to our meeting with complete confidence, and was not shaken a bit by those who tried to sway the decision.
It sure seems like every step is guided with our precious little boy. Thinking back through all the times that things have happened to help us get Dallin where he needs to be leaves me humbled and in awe...
I know Heavenly Father has all the answers and Peter and I are just the instruments that those answers need to come through. It is a great responsibility as it is for every parent of every child. I believe that every person who has come into Dallin's life was meant to be there and that the amazing timing and chain of events that we have seen time after time have always, in hindsight, been miracles to me. I will say that I have no idea how this decision will affect the rest of his life, but I trust in the Lord, because He does know.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Trust
Posted by Pricilla at 9:03 AM
Labels: Autism, Journaling, Spiritual
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 awesome comments:
Wow, this is a great story. I'm glad you shared it. He really does hear our prayers!
AWW, I love you!!
Post a Comment