Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Journaling

Carter, you are 3 and the whole universe revolves around you.  Nothing matters but you, in your humble opinion.  That's okay, you are 3. 

Sometimes after dinner even though it is not bed time yet, you are obviously very tired and the whole family knows it.  It is kinda not fun. So I will quietly scoop you up and tell you I NEED to hold you and go in my room and shut the door.  I turn out the lights and cuddle up with you under the warm blankets.  I stroke your hair and softly scratch your itchy eczema until you get all toasty warm and fall asleep.  For a few minutes the world really does revolve around you.  I can tell by the sweet smile on your face that is just how you like it. 

Even though I put you in your bed after you are asleep, you almost always end up back in my bed before morning.  Now that I have been a momma for a while, I know that you won't stay little for long, so I welcome you in and cuddle you more.  You can NEED me as much as you want little boy. 

This morning was great.  As you started to stir, you giggled and giggled for a good 30 seconds.  It made us giggle too.  When you finally opened your eyes you gave me the biggest grin and said, "The waterfall was splashing him!"  I can see why that was funny.



Eden, you were the first one to finally notice that we have Internet again.  It only took a month or so!  You came up to me yesterday and confirmed your suspicions.  Now the cat is out of the bag and you are asking for NickJr.  Time to set up some useage limits.


Luke, how can you be 6 months old?  How is it that you are trying to crawl?  It cannot be possible.


Kids, I wish I was a perfect Mom that never got angry, or yelled or ran out of patience. This week I have found my wits end and I can see that my bad example is rubbing off on you.  I am so sorry.  I will try HARD to teach you through example and be the kind of person that I hope you will grow up to be.

0 awesome comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin