Sunday, September 30, 2012

Idaho, Part 3

We stopped by a couple of cemetaries to visit Grandparents and many ancesters.  It was a really neat experience to talk to my parents about all of them.      This is my Grandpa on my mom's side. I miss him.
Photobucket
These next two pictures are the farm that my great grandparents on my dad's side lived. It is still in tact and just like my dad remembers it.  My grandpa was born and raised here.  The current owners are the ones who bought it from my great grandpa.
Photobucket

Photobucket
This is in a little town called Taylor, Idaho.  My great-greats were original settlers there and is where my Grandpa grew up.  The dances referred to were frequented by my Great Grandma and Grandpa Arave and they also attended the school that burned down.  I am related to the Wadsworths and the Araves (my maiden name).  This plaque is constructed on the spot where the school and church were.  It was so neat to read my family history on it.  It kinda made me feel like Taylor royalty! 
Photobucket

My great-grandparents.  My middle name is Mae after her and she passed away when I was 16, just shy of her 100th birthday. Being widowed for so long, I am sure it was a wonderful reunion.

Photobucket
My dads parents.  I sure miss you Grandma and Grandpa.
Photobucket
One day we drove to the beautiful Mesa Falls.  It was breathtaking, like a mini Niagra.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My niece with Lily.
Photobucket

0 awesome comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin