Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Journal

Lately, I have been trying to get my act together.  I am feeling so good. I have been using my planner, making my daily to do lists, and trying to get the house organized.  I have a long way to go and the days are just so full of things that NEED to be done RIGHT NOW, but I am happy to be getting somewhere.  I have made a list of my daily routine items, weekly items and monthly items for my personal/family/house.   I find though, that there are 30 plus things to do each day, so instead of letting that get to me, I just start out at the top each day and get as far as I can. Keep in mind that I prioritize the littles when they need me for anything so it's not like I can just plow through it.  Maybe some day soon, I will make it through the whole list.  That would be so amazing!!!

I am so sad at how much I have not been photographing and writing down though.  I am one of those that has an urgent need to capture as much as I can or I feel like these moments are lost forever. It is a panicky feeling.  I have lost more than a few moments lately. I need to write updates on the kids soon too, they are all in such wonderful phases(mixed with some not so wonderful ones).

I had a great birthday this year.  I felt loved by my family and friends.  We had a family party and Peter took me on a date. He also bought me a new sewing machine since mine broke. I think my favorite part was how cute the kids were about saying Happy Birthday and doing little things for me like surprising me by cleaning their room.  There were lots of extra hugs and kisses too.  One night Lily leaned up against my arm while sitting on the couch and said, "Happy Birthday sweetheart!" "Happy Birthday Ciwa."  I think they love me!

Now that school is well underway we are settling into our schedules pretty well.  The kids have a morning, afternoon and evening schedules that they are expected to follow in order to receive their full allowance.  I have to help and remind all along the way, but it is getting easier all the time.  Afternoons are full of homework and chores and evenings are full of dance, soccer, fhe, and scouts.

Carter and Lily are doing a little preschool with us and another friend.  It is easy and going well. It is nice to give them a little structure too, but it is very low key. 

I think I have lost 100 pounds since I had Luke!  Too bad it is the same 5 lbs that I lose and gain over and over.   For some reason I just haven't gotten there this time.  I have been eating a lot more healthy, but apparently also enough junk food and general overeating to counteract the losing of baby weight.  oh well, I will just keep trying.  I would like to blame it on the whole 6 babies thing, but I know that is not the truth. It is just bad habits.

As the Holidays begin to creep up, I am getting excited.  I am taking that big breath, and heading in with my planner in hand.







0 awesome comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin