Thursday, June 07, 2007

First Day of School


Dallin started his new school yesterday. I was very impressed with the whole setting and his teacher seemed really nice. Comparing to his old school I think he will have to work a little harder as more is expected of him. That is good. The 5 hour day is broken up into many segments including academic stations, recess, snack, potty time, circle time, lunch time, brush teeth, more potty time, occupational therapy time, art, and one on one work. Wow I was so impressed. Having more time makes a difference for what they can really get done. The other children in his class seemed to be ahead of him in language and I couldn't even tell there were any issues. I am guessing most of them have aspergers. This seems like a perfect setting for him from what I could tell. He didn't seem to mind that I left either. I think he remembers his old school and knew the routine. When he got home he was a chatterbox the rest of the day. I couldn't believe how talkative he was. He was playing nicely with his trains and singing songs to himself and talking so much. I guess that means he liked school. On Monday he will start riding the bus. That could be interesting as sometimes he will and sometimes he won't. Then he will pretty much be away from home from 7 am to 2 pm. I think that will be pretty wierd for me but I am so exited for my sweet little Dallin. Yesterday we bought Dallin a Spiderman lunch box for school. He was so exited when I filled it with food for him to take to school. Here is his first day of school picture. I am so proud of him!

3 awesome comments:

Julia said...

what a CUTE picture!! sounds like the school is going to be GREAT...glad to hear it! i'm excited to hear updates of how he likes it. i'm soo glad you were able to find this school.

John and Sarah said...

Congratulations! Dallin is so smart. SMRT!

Unknown said...

Dallin looks so excited and cute! (As does Eden!!) I'm glad he's liking school and I'm glad things seem to be going so smoothly for you guys! I still can't wait for you to come back here though...you better come back!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin