Yesterday Dallin turned 4! We had a little family party and had so much fun. He knew it was his special day. I can't believe I have only been a Mommy for 4 years. It sure seems like a long time ago that I first met Dallin. We also met an autism specialist in our ward who came over after church and helped us work with him a little bit. It was so great to have someone tell me exaclty what to do with him. TODAY IS A BIG DAY TOO......I found out that Dallin will start his special preschool on Wednesday. This is such a huge relief I could cry. He will go Monday through Thursdays from 7:45 to 12:45. The bus will take him and bring him back too. That is 20 hours a week! In Oregon we were getting 6. I am so happy for him and for me. I can run errands again and really have a chance to clean the house. I am still working on getting his in home behavior therapy going and it looks like that will happen at the end of June. I have just been going so loopy with the kids all to myself 12 hours a day and Dallin has just been crazy without enough structure. I have really hit my breaking point so I am so relieved to have some help. It will be so good for him too. He will be able to learn (they will even work on potty training), be around specialists and other children and be in a highly structured environment. Yay!!!
Dallin is really into Sponge Bob since we got cable a couple of weeks ago.
He was so exited about his happy birthday cake and all the presents. This is the first birthday he actually really understood what was going on.
Dallin got a lot of bathtub toys for his new kiddie pool.
His big present was a new bike! It was so fun to watch him open everything.
Monday, June 04, 2007
Happy Birthday Dallin
Posted by Pricilla at 1:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 awesome comments:
Happy Birthday Dallin! Tanner will be having a birthday too soon...How exciting!
That is awesome about Dallin's school hours! Yea! A clean house...that's a nice thought!
mmm that Ice cream cake looks good!
That's so exciting to get Dallin into the school so quick. It looks like everyone had a fun birthday too!Congrats.
CUTE pictures! I love Eden's face in the second picture. It's like, "This happy birthday thing is great, but Dallin I really want some of your cake." That is sooo awesome about Dallin's school/therapy. We're so glad to hear it! You look GREAT too!
that is such GREAT news to hear about the pre-school! you must have been dancing in the street when you heard:) i'm so sorry you have been under such mommy-stress lately. it's so much harder sometimes than anyone could have been prepared for. you are such a blessing to dallin, eden and tanner. and i'm sure peter agrees!!:)
Post a Comment