I had my first big outing while Dallin was at school today. We went to IKEA. It is such a fun place. I could have spent all day there but I had a mission to get new bedding. All the walls in our house are white so I wanted to bring some color to the room. This ought to do it. I feel so contemporary now. I am totally loving it. It was such a good deal. I bought the duvet set, sheets, new pillows, bedskirt and the bonus pillow for less than $150 (thats still a lot I know but all of the ones I liked at departments stores were like 150-200 just for the quilt so it would haved easily been 300-400 for everything). This picture doesn't do it justice, the teal and red are a fun combo. Now we just need to get a headboard. I almost bought one at a yard sale last week but by the time I ran home to get the checkbook it was sold.
Last week was a big bed week too (drum roll)... We finally got Dallin and Eden real beds. The reason for the drum roll is because now Eden is out of the crib and Tanner is finally out of the pack n play. Poor Tanner had a hard time with the crib for a couple of days. He used to stick his head into the mesh sides of the play pen all the time. The crib is not so forgiving. He even got a couple of bruises on the noggin. I got new bedding for the older kids a little while ago but just bought coordinating sheets. They are actually bunk beds but they do not share a room right now (maybe later). I am very proud of all of our nice beds and bedding all cute and coordinated. It is much funner than hand me down blankets, matresses on the floor, and babies in play pens.
This one has a sleeping beauty in it. The quilt has cute little girly dresses on it. Eden transitioned seemlesly and is crazy about her "princess bed".
Can't resist a jammy picture.
This is Dallin's CHEESE! (camera). He knows the drill. How imaginative. (Sarah N please note the hair piece)
Tanner can stand now for a few seconds but not really getting the walking concept. He has good balance, just doesn't like to put one foot in front of the other. His birthday is this week so I don't think he will walk by then. I guess he will be my latest walker but I still think it won't be long. For those of you wondering, yes, he does crawl normal now. He started whole milk last week too. He loves any food I put in front of him and is still just easy going and happy almost all the time.
5 awesome comments:
ooo nice blankets are fun! congrats to Eden for making a big step from the crib to the big girl bed.
I hope tanners not talking by the time i get there. they are groing up so fast :) lucy
I love the jammers. I have some just like them with feet - honest.
That's funny about Tanner smashing his head into the side of the pack and play. Josh does that too during nap times and always wakes up with a funky design on his head from having slept like that!
Rememeber when we went to IKEA in Oakland? I love that place! Ian and I went to the one in Houston a couple weeks ago..you just want to buy it all. Great purchases, the sets look great!
Post a Comment