Monday, June 11, 2007

The Wonder Pets

(Disclaimer: Only moms of preschoolers will truly appreciate this post. If you don't have them, you will probably think I am crazy). Okay so I am really loving having cable for the first time in years and especially TIVO. I like that I can record a few of the kids favorite shows and we were getting tired of PBS all the time (don't get me wrong, PBS is wonderful too). I used to be all about the Backyardigains which is such a cute show about these computer animated creatures that get lost in their imaginary world in their back yard and sing and dance. Then we discovered the Wonder Pets. This is a new show on Nickelodean with baby animals that are the cutest things ever. They have the cutest little voices and look sort of look like real animals. Dallin sings their songs all the time "Wonder Pets, Wonder Pets, Yay!" and begs to watch. I can't quite figure out how the animation works for this one. Anyway here is the description and a link to a little music video (You have to see this):

http://www.nickjr.com/home/wond_splash.jhtml

Wonder Pets! is an exciting new Nick Jr. show for preschoolers. Each episode follows the adventures of three classroom pets--Linny the Guinea Pig, Ming-Ming Duckling, and Turtle Tuck--who travel around the globe helping to rescue animals who need their help. Like real preschoolers, these three unlikely heroes don't have any actual super powers, but by working together they can conquer any obstacle: "What's gonna work? Teamwork!"The show features photo-puppetry animation--an animation style created specifically for this series--which allows the animators to manipulate photos of real animals. The result is striking, memorable, and truly unique. Each episode is like a mini-opera with dialog often sung to an original score by some of Broadway's top composers. And each episode encourages teamwork, empathy, problem-solving skills, and an appreciation of music and humor.

2 awesome comments:

Julia said...

We are WonderPets fans at this house too. "We" meaning me too..it's a cute show! The songs are very catchy...on purpose, I'm sure.

Dori said...

the phone...the phone is rininging! Is our favorite line..I always remind Sophie when wonder pets is on! We are hooked!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin