Thursday, December 13, 2007

Baby and Christmas

I have been feeling a lot of movement from the baby lately which is so fun and comforting. So this morning I was lying in bed with Dallin and Eden and we were talking all about the baby in mommy's tummy. I mostly try to remind them not to jump on me. Then Dallin was asking if the baby comes out after Santa Claus comes. He kept wanting to put his hand on the baby and then they both kissed and hugged my belly. It was the cutest thing in the world. I think they are getting pretty exited about it.

Also, Dallin is still trying to figure out all the Christmas concepts. First he told us that Christmas was Santa's birthday so then we had our FHE and learned about baby Jesus and used a manger scene. Then he started saying Jesus was coming to put presents under the tree. So I keep explaining to him that on Jesus's birthday, Santa will come and bring presents. I think he is getting it now.

As for me, I am so relieved to have christmas cards done, all shopping done (except Peter), packages mailed, and plans finalized for our trip. That is a huge load off. I think the only thing that is stressful is all of the packing for being in Oregon for 2 weeks. Packing drives me crazy and unpacking is just as bad. But anyway, I am ready for all the fun.

2 awesome comments:

Paul and Kari said...

I can't believe how fast Christmas is coming! Before we know it, we'll be in Oregon!

Anonymous said...

You are so organized and ready!! I still have Aaron to shop for and have what, like 2 more days to do it? I have NO idea what to get him this year. Well, he may get what he always says he needs...nothing! Cute story about your kids! My kids will sometimes talk about our baby, but lately we keep telling them she's coming soon and they are like, yeah right...you've been saying that FOREVER!! I think they will be very happy next week!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin