We arrived back at our home in California today after a wonderful week visiting family. There were ups and downs, but I will write all about the trip when I get all unpacked. The trip back was thankfully uneventful as far as weather goes, but we did get a flat tire. Thanks to our great teamwork though, we were back on the road in 15 minutes (even with having to unload all of the stuff, which was a lot, we had crammed in our van and thanks to having a full sized spare).
Anyway, when we got home we were so excited to come back to a huge stack of christmas cards to open (we LOVE getting those). We sat for about a half hour reading all of the letters and then I opened this letter from Peter's Grandpa Hedman who is 93 only to discover that it was not a card but a response to our card we sent to him! I was so confused until I read on and then began to laugh uncontrollably while Peter wondered what in the world was so funny. So please enlarge this letter to read what he wrote and then I will explain myself! (You also may want to refer to the card I sent to you just out of curiosity!)
Okay, so for Grandpa and anyone else, here is my explanation/excuse: I prepared a lovely Christmas card a couple of months ago minus the pictures and then a few days prior to sending cards, I snapped the photos and put it all together. To my dismay, the program I had used was not good for printing and after several attempts I began to design the lovely picture that you all received(See above). Designing a whole new card was a little frustrating since I had to start over and I went through about 10 drafts between the 2 designs. I kept naming the file things like, Christmas card1, Christmas card final, Christmas card last, and so on always thinking it was the last draft, then only to discover a small technical difficulty and a need to re save. FINALLY, after a couple of hours that I had not planned on, I had my finished product(see above). Out of sheer frustration and just being glad to be done triumphant, I quickly saved it as "this is the last freakin card!" Go ahead and judge my potty mouth, but I promise it was meant for my eyes only, not even Peter had seen it. So, now as we have all learned if you didn't already know, when you send your pictures to Costco for development, the name of the picture file WILL be printed on the back of the picture. I do recall seeing the writing on the back of the 100 photos that I sent out, but of course did not read it. I don't know that I would have taken the time to have them reprinted anyway, or maybe I would have. So there you go Grandpa, thanks for the laugh! Oh, and since you don't send cards, thanks for the (freakin) letter :)

9 awesome comments:
I started laughing right out loud when I read this post. That is soooo funny!
yeah, plausable story... Here's another: You are disgruntled and like every other woman you published this card and were letting everyone know how you felt about sending them christmas cards. Then, like every woman, you felt bad about what you did but wait, what's this - IT's TOO LATE!
Now not only do you feel bad, but embarassed as well. Now just like the government you try to cover your mistakes with lies and half-truths. Well I'm not buying it! Your off my christmas list. I hope Santa went to the deer pen with a shovel to fill your stocking.
Love,
Daniel
Disclaimer: Cami did not write this and does not endorse the above statement. She says "HI"
I totally read that on the back, and TOTALLY understood...no explanation needed for me. I thought it was hilarious!
Dan, I do way too many stupid things to be embarassed anymore, plus it is a lot funnier just to make fun of myself. Jen, you crack me up, glad you understood!
Man, I thought WE got the last freakin' card! Thanks Alot! lol
This is hilarious, actually I didn't I didn't even notice the words on the back till now, Your card was sooo cute I just looked at the front and then taped it up on the wall.
hahahaha i didn't notice that when we received our card (which is darling and we love by the way!). that is hilarious.
That was great. I laughed so hard I'm crying. I'm going to start reading the backs of all the cards I get from now on just to see what other people are saying.
Thanks for sharing. It goes to show my time is well spent reading your blog. You always brighten my day with your honest stories.
15 min is a record. When my parents took me to school in college he always made sure we had a full size spare just in case. We never used it but he taught me to always be prepared. Your thinking ahead and being prepared really paid off for you and your family. That is one teaching in church that really paid off for you. I know they are always saying be prepared food storage, etc and this is a testimony to that.
That is a Christmas story to remember for years to come. It should be published in Readers Digest or something.
Post a Comment