Last week I registered for some more classes, but I didn't want to get too exited until I was sure that I had all the babysitting arrangements made. Today I found out that we have a very good babysitter from church who will come one afternoon a week so that I can go to school! I am so exited I can hardly contain myself. I am going to take Intermediate Photography and Beginning Digital Imaging(photoshop). I can't wait to keep learning and I am definitely going to go for a photography certificate now that I have started, and feel such a passion for it. Peter is giving me the new Photoshop CS4 program for Christmas so I am all set....Yay!
In other news, last night Peter and I went to a Christmas party for his work. It was quite and experience. It was very fancy, but the open bar made it pretty crazy. The evening started off normal but by the end of the night, almost everyone was so drunk that they were acting silly to put it mildly. I guess I have had a sheltered life because I haven't really seen a lot of drunk people at a party before. Yep, I am very grateful for our clean lifestyle! And the soda was great!
Carter started sitting up by himself recently as well. He has been crawling for a while and gets better at that all the time. Then yesterday he pulled himself to standing. He will be seven months this week and is definitely ready to be one of the big kids. He especially loves Tanner, I have the feeling they will be great buddies.
Some people in our ward have been very good to us. A couple of families offered to give us toys that they no longer needed. I am definitely not one to turn down hand me downs. We have been blessed with a ton of very nice toys that our kids will love for Christmas. Then at our ward party the other night I was thanking one of the ladies and here's the big one...she offered to give our family her whole set of Living Scripture videos!!! She gave us BOM, New Testament and Old Testament and even all the color books. Wow, I was so overwhelmed with the generosity and our family will cherish these teaching tools for years. I have a strong desire in my heart to be a good mother and teach my family to follow the Lord and this will be a very fun thing for us. I never cease to be amazed at the blessings that we have received in the last year and a half.
Other than this, I have been getting cards out, finishing my holiday shopping and preparing for our trip home. Only 6 more days until we go to Oregon!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Exiting Things
Posted by Pricilla at 4:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 awesome comments:
That's awesome about school! I'd love to go and take some cooking classes! Maybe some day when Aaron and aren't gone every night of the week!!
We are leaving to head down there on Friday...so sadly, we won't get to see you when you come up here! Email me and let me know how you are doing!!
6 days!!!!WAAAHOOOO!!! I can't wait! Where are you staying when you get in to town??? I hope I get to see you right away, cuz I reeeaaally miss my bestest friend!!
That's awesome about the classes you are taking, they sound so fun! Have fun in Oregon for Christmas! Wahoo!
I'm so jealous you get to take all these photography classes. I can't wait until I have some free time so I can take one! Have fun in Oregon for Christmas!
The definition of exiting: "The act of leaving a room or building." ie: "The crowd was exiting the moving theater."
Although I'm pretty sure you meant "exciting", I still needed to razz you about it. :-)
Woops!
Post a Comment